National Professional Qualification for Leading Teaching (NPQLT)
What are the benefits?
The fully blended learning approach combined with performance coaching and enrichment activities make this an exciting and valuable opportunity for those who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading teaching in a subject, year group, key stage or phase.
The NPQLT qualification is worth 30 Master's credits and can act as a springboard onto Liverpool Hope University’s MA in Leading in Education or the MBA in Educational Leadership.
Benefits for Participants
- Become adept at supporting effective teaching across school
- Develop expertise across a number of specialist areas related to their role (e.g. curriculum and assessment)
- Purpose-built virtual learning environment enabled for mobiles and tablets
- Support to pass the final assessment
- Content contextualised for your locality and updated to reflect national developments and legislation
- Facilitation and support from serving school leaders in outstanding schools and delivery at local venues
Benefits for Schools
- Regular progress updates for mentors and headteachers
- Support succession of school leaders and build a cohesive, impact-focused school leadership team
- A professionally aware and informed leader who can make evidence-based decisions and approach the leading of teaching in an effective and efficient manner
- The ability to effectively evaluate current teaching practice, to make informed decisions about any necessary changes, and to effectively implement those changes